Thursday, January 16, 2020

Rewards well spent

Finally I cashed in my eBay Bucks or eBay Rewards or whatever you call them. My accrual was actually quite impressive because I had purchased so much stuff for my son and wife for Christmas and their birthdays, so I decided to buy a nice card that I had been watching, but would probably never buy unless it was, well...free. I tried to pull this from a pack a few years back as seen in my previous post here but ended up with a consolation prize of Kris Benson. Anyways.....

Here is my "reward" for spending a lot of money this past quarter on eBay:

1997 Bowman Chrome Kerry Wood Refractor RC 


I know this doesn't look like the refractor version, but it is. My scanner just can't pick up all the shine...I had the same problem scanning my Kris Benson Refractor from the same set. Oh well.

Oh yeah, and I also got this card too:

2017/18 Upper Deck Ice Premieres Eric Comrie RC /499



Comrie is the younger half brother of Paul and Mike. He has bounced around this season with 5 different clubs (Arizona in the NHL, Tucson in the AHL, Detroit in the NHL, Winnipeg in the NHL) only to settle back in with  his old squad, the Manitoba Moose of the AHL (Winnipeg Jets affiliate). Comrie was once a prized prospect, but his numbers have taken a dip within the past few years. He may be nothing but a backup here on out, who knows though!

Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. I've never been a huge fan of Bowman, but I do have a few of the '97 Chrome refractors, and they look really good in person, much better than one would think when viewing them online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards! I always wanted a Wood RC but the price just never worked for me.

    Hold on to those backup goalie RCs. You never know when one of them will win a starting job and a Stanley Cup.

    ReplyDelete