Saturday, March 19, 2016

Who?

It happens all the time when your hobby is collecting sports cards..."what's that you say?" How about pulling a rare card of someone you've never heard of. It has happened way too many times to myself and I have to say, it drives me crazy. I have been saying that lately I've been selling quite a few items and downsizing my collection. On the weekends, I've been going through boxes and getting rid of anything I think I can move (whether it be on eBay or trading sites). I've been rather successful lately at getting rid of large chunks of stuff that I just either forgot that I owned or stuff that just meant nothing to me. Today, when looking at this box labeled "Baseball Parallels", I stumbled upon a card I forgot I had. Let me take you back to a few years ago, we'll say 2009 or 2010. I was at my local card shop and I was purchasing a few packs. Normally my routine is, buy some mid-to-high-end product, then scour the loose pack bins that they have in the middle of the shop and pick a few odds-and-ends. I think I picked up a bunch of hockey packs and then grabbed a pack of old Upper Deck baseball and an old pack of Fleer Ultra football. I remember the hockey packs being a total bust, but what was yielded in the Upper Deck baseball and Fleer Ultra football were great (if you are into oddball players). If I hadn't looked in that "Baseball Parallels" box, I would have totally forgotten that I had this card. I remember when I opened the pack and I was sifting through the cards and I saw Star Rookie, I got excited....then I was like "Who???" Also, for my own pleasure, I decided to show off my other pull from the Fleer Ultra pack. I know who that player is, but some people might not.

....from the Fleer Ultra pack

1997 Fleer Ultra Jim Druckenmiller Platinum Medallion RC 






 ...and the "WHO???"

1999 Upper Deck Damon Minor Star Rookie Upper Deck Exclusives Level 2 /10


 

No comments:

Post a Comment