Saturday, December 31, 2016

COMC grabs

Right after the Penguins won the Stanley Cup, I ended up selling off one of the cornerstones of my collection (Cup Black Kris Letang 1/1). With a little bit of the money I had received from the transaction, I bought a new trash can, computer desk and also added some funds to my COMC account and paypal account. I picked up so many small grabs (30 cents here and 40 cents there), but had also grabbed quite a few cards that I had my eye on. Below are the COMC cards that cost me either close to $1 or more

1999 SP Authentic Future Watch David Boston Excitement Parallel RC /250


































I just love these! I now have Ricky Williams, David Boston, Jermaine Fazande, Cade McNown and Rob Konrad. I'm going to continue to pick these up. That foil just looks amazing when you look at it from the side. The scan never does this parallel set justice, I assure you.

The next card is of a HOF Left Wing that was drafted after former Atlanta Braves ace Tom Glavine. Give up? It's "Lucky" Luc Robitaille. I have had this card a few times and have traded it every time. This one, however, is going to stay with me for now.


1987/88 O-Pee-Chee Luc Robitaille RC #42


































I just love COMC, it's so cool to pick up vintage baseball cards (especially rookies!). These next 2 cards that I picked up, I believe I spent less than $7 on the pair! Both cards are in excellent shape.

1974 Topps Dave Parker RC #252


























1977 Topps Andre Dawson/Gene Richards/John Scott/Denny Walling RC #473

 





















 


Growing up, Andre Dawson was one of my all time favorite players. In 2nd grade, I traded my friend Josh for his beat up, creased to crap 1978 Topps Andre Dawson (2nd year) card with that Topps Trophy on it. I loved that stupid card and even carried it around in my Mario Brothers wallet. Sadly, it's probably no longer in existence.

Staying with the baseball theme....

There was a certain card, I don't know why, but I just never thought to pick up/buy. Well, I can now say that I own this card of the Iron Man himself...

1982 Topps Baltimore Orioles Future Stars  Bob Bonner/Cal Ripken/Jeff Schneider RC #21

 















 

And now to the biggest purchase I have ever made on COMC. This is the first time I was specifically drawn to COMC for a card. When the seller and I decided on a price is whenever I started filling my cart with the other cards in this post. I have always been a college football fan up until a few years ago. It just wasn't fun to watch (to me, anyway) anymore. When I did watch it was usually an Iowa, Michigan State or USC game. Those are the teams I have always liked. In 2014, I had been watching this CB from Michigan State make play after play. He's probably my favorite player in the NFL currently on the defensive side of the ball. Hopefully he will fully nail down that starting CB job. Anyways, here it is, the best card of the bunch (in my opinion)...


2015 Panini Contenders Super Bowl Ticket Trae Waynes RC 1/1



























Panini really outdid themselves with the design and overall glamour of these cards. The foil just shines for days on these! Since this pickup, I have grabbed 2 other Super Bowl tickets from this year. It's by far my favorite of the contenders sets. Well done Panini!

No comments:

Post a Comment