Saturday, December 31, 2016

Sorry for the hiatus...how about a few pack rips?

Hello everyone and Happy Holidays!

I had been on a little bit of a hiatus and also have removed the Cup Black 1/1 portion of my blog. I realize that not everyone is as passionate on collecting those as I am. You may see me post them as pickups in blog posts, but for the most part, I will just make a milestone post once I get to 50.

So today while I have some time free with the wife out shopping (spending the plethora of gift cards she received this Christmas), I have decided to blog. Since there are so many things I have picked up in the past few months, I will try to break the posts up as COMC grabs, Trades, Pack rips and eBay purchases. Enough about my life, let's get on with the show of various cardboard items full of ink and cloth!

I am going to start this post with my various pack rips. Shortly after my last post, I had a day off work and decided to go to my local card shop. You know the story, you go there to grab a few packs of toploaders and sleeves and end up spending $60 on toploaders, sleeves and packs. I ended up grabbing 50 toploaders and a pack of sleeves and 2 packs of 2015/16 SP Authentic hockey, 1 Pack of 2003 Playoff Contenders Football, 2 packs 1996 Topps Chrome Football and 1 pack of 1997 Bowman Chrome baseball. I had fantastic luck and should have bought a lottery ticket immediately. Instead, I went home and added cards to the toploaders I purchased and cleaned up my desk. Enough rambling, here is the loot:

In the 2015/16 SP Authentic packs, I was obviously shooting for a McDavid, but I ended up getting the consolation prize and was still extremely happy...

2015/16 SP Authentic Future Watch Jack Eichel /999



After ripping the SP Authentic I decided to try a 1997 Bowman Chrome Baseball pack. I pulled a few rookies that I wasn't sure who they were (Geoff Goetz & Chris Stowe), but I did get a former #1 overall pick!

1997 Bowman Chrome Kris Benson RC Refractor #R167

 

I tried to scan this thing over and over, but above is the best I could do. It's a nice looking refractor. I really like the design of these cards and if there were any more of these packs left at the shop, I probably would've bought them.

Lastly, I ended up ripping the football packs. The Topps Chrome packs were a blast from the past to see those names I haven't seen in a while (Drew Bledsoe, Heath Shuler, Ben Coates, Erik Kramer, etc.)...just awesome! The card I was hoping for, I didn't pull which was a Keyshawn Johnson rookie. However, I did end up with something better..

1996 Bowman Chrome Marvin Harrison RC #156 



....and finally the lone 2003 Playoff Contenders pack. Although the auto that I pulled wasn't an actual player, I was still pretty pumped on what luck I had:

2003 Playoff Contenders Season Ticket Mike Martz Auto /574



As you can see, I had a pretty good day. I don't normally rip too many packs, but on this day I was glad I did. You can say I got my $60 worth!

No comments:

Post a Comment