Saturday, November 30, 2019

Daniel Dore

Ever heard of him? Dore was a 1st round draft pick (5th overall) by the Quebec Nordiques in 1988. He had a short career in the NHL (17 games played, 2 goals, 3 assists and 59 PIM's). Although he was a first round draft pick, he only had 1 card which is a Star Rookie card and it was card #255 in the 1990/91 Upper Deck set. When I was 9, I actually had this card as it was in the first pack of hockey cards I ever purchased. So, this would actually be the first hockey rookie card I ever owned. This is a card I will always remember because of this.

I looked on COMC looking for this card and they were all priced over $1. On eBay, it was much the same, but I came across one that was autographed. I threw it on my watch list and after a few months, I sent the seller an offer and ended up getting the card for $6 shipped.

I'm pretty excited to add this to my collection. Dore may not be a household name, but I have always known who he is. So what is Mr. Dore up to now? Well, he is a scout for the New York Rangers. Now Dore finds new talent for Upper Deck to use in their Young Guns set. Pretty cool, right?

1990/91 Upper Deck Daniel Dore Star Rookie Autograph


No comments:

Post a Comment