Sunday, November 10, 2019

Trip to the card shop

Hello everyone...it's been a long hiatus and I apologize. Life has caught up to me! Anyways, I have still been collecting, just not as much as previously because my wife and I had a baby last January (a son). This made stops to the LCS and my eBay wins a little less frequent as in the past. However, this past weekend, I popped into my local card shop because I needed some "me" time. Everyone reading this who is a parent, surely can understand. My original plan was just to grab some magnetic holders for some of the more valuable cards in my PC. While I was there, I noticed something new on tables near the counter...patches, autos and rookie card singles. I was on a pretty strict budget of the $18 cash I had in my wallet, so I was really going to have to be savvy with my money if I really wanted to purchase some singles. Through the first chunk of the hockey singles, I set aside 1 card I was interested in. In the 2nd pile I looked at, I found 2 more that caught my eye. In the final pile in the middle of a bunch of young guns cards, I spotted another card that interested me. So, I brought them to the counter and asked for a price for the 4 cards and the guy working there said "Oh, about $7". So, on my tight budget, I ended up getting all the plastics I needed along with 4 cards that caught my interest....not a bad day! So, what did I get for $7? Nothing too spectacular, but I thought it was worthy of a post for the price:

2008/09 SPx Rookies Teddy Purcell Dual Jersey RC /1299I like Teddy from  his appearances on the hockey podcast "Spittin' Chiclets" so I decided to buy this one.




2017/18 SP Authentic Future Watch Nick Merkley Auto RC /999

Merkley is probably a first round bust, but it was cheap.



2017/18 SP Authentic Future Watch Remi Elie Auto RC /999
This was one of the few autographed rookies that was left in the bunch without a $6-$10 price tag on it, so I bought it.





















2018/19 SP Authentic Future Watch Brett Howden Auto RC /999


I was a fan of his brother Quinton, so I decided to buy his brothers Future Watch Auto. The price was surely right!























Total spent with the magnetic holders I bought also - $16.38. Definitely one of the cheapest card shop runs I've ever had!



No comments:

Post a Comment