Friday, November 22, 2019

I struck gold!

Upper Deck Collector's Choice used to be one of the most accessible packs to purchase back in 1994 and 1995. It seemed every gas station, drug store and department store sold them. They were also a great deal at 99 cents per pack. I could usually always ask one of my parents for a pack and they would oblige since I wasn't spending their money on candy that could rot my teeth. Back when I was 12 (in 1994), I purchased 2 packs of 1994 Upper Deck Collector's Choice football and pulled a Trev Alberts Gold Signature. Around that time my friends and I were pretty active in having trade nights on weekends during the summer. These nights were a blast. We would each bring a shoe box full of stuff we wanted to show off and trade. It also involved a sleep over, with pizza and movies. All of us just had a blast. During one of those trade nights, I ended up trading my Trev Alberts Gold Signature. I had an eBay saved search for this card, but every time one was available, someone wanted at least $10 for it. Finally, someone listed one for a reasonable price and I sent an offer and it was accepted for $1.50 shipped!

Here it is:

1994 Upper Deck Collector's Choice Gold Signature Trev Alberts RC 









No comments:

Post a Comment