Tuesday, December 17, 2019

It's cold out, glad I have a Heater

My buddy Tim from Vancouver and I had been trying to pull off a trade for a while now. He had a Dany Heatley card that has been on my wantlist for the past 10+ years. He beat me to the Buy It Now auction on eBay for the last reasonably priced one and has held it hostage from me. Honestly, these cards rarely ever pop up anymore and when they do, they're gone almost instantly.

About a month ago, Tim sent me an email trying to get a trade going again. I have to admit, I was just sick and tired of going back and forth with him on this card every few months, so I bit the bullet. I ended up coughing up a Markus Naslund buyback autograph, a Rick Rypien SP Authentic SP Limited RC /100, a Jake Virtanen Young Guns, a Topps Tough Materials Darren Langdon Jersey, an Alex Mogilny Zenith Artist's Proof and a Mattias Ohlund Gold Label /100.

It was the price I had to pay to knock this one off my list. Have you ever taken the raw end of a trade just to get a card from your wantlist? Well, after 10+ years and Heater now being out of the league, I finally have the card I have been wanting and it arrived today in a screw down (thanks Tim - if you ever read this):

2000/01 Black Diamond Precious Gems Dany Heatley Gold RC /100


1 comment:

  1. That was a big trade, but you got the card you wanted, and a rare one at that!

    ReplyDelete