Monday, December 30, 2019

Still at 100%!

This season marks Upper Deck's 30th Anniversary of producing sports cards. To commemorate this occasion, they added 30th Anniversary Buyback 1/1's of every Upper Deck card produced in the past 15 years in Series 1 packs. What did this mean for me? Well, I have a player collection of former Brandon Wheat King Johnathan Aitken that currently sat at 100% of all cards produced from major sets. 

I threw a watch on eBay as Aitken has a Young Guns card from the 2000/01 set. Finally, it got listed 3 weeks ago for a 7-day auction. I sat by and waited it out until the last 3 seconds and threw in a ridiculous $39 bid (it was his jersey #), and I ended up winning it for a cool $20 shipped!

I'm now still the proud owner of 100% of Johnathan Aitken's cards! Someday when I actually get them all together, I will scan and show them, as for now, here is my first Aitken 1/1!

2019/20 Upper Deck Young Guns Buyback Johnathan Aitken RC 1/1


1 comment:

  1. 100% of a player collection is quite an achievement! I'm at about 64% of all Peter Worrell cards. Your post leads me to assume there will be another 1/1 buyback to chase - and I still haven't found the MVP buyback #d/20 from last year :/

    ReplyDelete