Wednesday, September 14, 2022

The “Under-Appreciated” File: Scan 14


I cannot believe it’s only Wednesday. This week feels long. Our contractor who is building our sunroom and deck showed up today after a 2 week hiatus to work on the deck. He actually made decent headway today and got some of the materials off of my grass. So, after picking up the kids and eating dinner I decided to cut the grass. Now, my wife and I just sat down and decided to throw on some episodes of The Office. Hopefully these entries aren’t getting stale. 

This scan is of a card that I am actually sending to Kansas tomorrow to a buddy of mine. I bought a lot of football cards from a guy on social media who wanted to get rid of a bunch of his stuff from the mid-to-late 90’s. There was a Curtis Martin RC in the lot that I really wanted, so I jumped at the price of $3. Always nice to get a card you want along with a bunch of cards you’re buddy would like. The card in the scan is pretty awesome. Dufex technology I think is what they call it…right? Back in 1996, my mom asked what I would like for my birthday and I told her I would like a box of 1996 Pinnacle Zenith football. At the time of my birthday the cost was around $89.99, so I had to pour it on pretty thick with my parents to cave, but my mom eventually did. Once we got home, my brother and I ripped open the packs within minutes. The coolest card I thought in the box wasn’t the Z-Team Steve Young I pulled, it was the James Stewart Rookie Rising Insert. Right now, looking at this card, I still treasure the crap out of it! Here is my James Stewart that has been in my collection since 1996:


Seriously…so cool. Anyways, in the football lot I purchased there was another card from this set in there…a certain Houston Oiler….no, not THAT one. Here ya go, Scan 14:

1996 Pinnacle Zenith Chris Sanders Rookie Rising Insert


So cool so will even show you the back!


Verdict: I appreciate the set, not the card since it’s headed to my buddy. Enjoy it Chad!


1 comment:

  1. I've yet to hear of anyone not liking Dufex. I don't think that I had seen the Rookie Rising inserts before, the referee in the background was a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete