Monday, September 12, 2022

The “Under-Appreciated” Pile: Scan 12



12 days, no new cards. This is insanity. My wife even said something today about it. Is it weird that I am feeling ok with not buying anything new? I’m not saying my hobby days are numbered, but I think if they were I might be rather content. 

Today was a weird day. I have a feeling something bad is going to happen at work soon (meaning a layoff). It’s really stressing me out. The kids are a nice distraction, but after they went to bed tonight, I started getting a sickness in my stomach. Hopefully blogging will help.

On to what you’re here for, the card! I brought this card out of my baseball box where it had been hiding for a few years or so, because I had never scanned it before and it’s pretty rare. They are also beautiful. Some of my favorite cards are Bowman Chrome Red Refractors. I had purchased a new one on eBay and it struck my interest up in them again, and I was curious on how many I still had. The only reason I have this guys Red Refractor rookie is because it was affordable. I think I spent around $9-$10 shipped for this. The internet tells me this player was a multi-sport athlete from MN, and excelled in baseball and hockey. He sounds like my kinda player! Also, he was a first-round draft pick. I honestly had no idea until today. 

I think since I never scanned this after purchasing this 3+ years ago, it probably means I don’t appreciate this card, and that is more than likely a correct assumption. Why do I do these things? This card is probably being hunted down by some oddball collector of this player and here it is chilling in a box in Pennsylvania. I may throw this back out there on eBay sometime soon. If you collect this guy, I am sorry! Well, here is the scan…

2010 Bowman Chrome Draft Mike Kvasnicka Red Refractor RC /5

Verdict: Not appreciated. If you collect this guy, hit me up!

3 comments:

  1. I'm not ready to stop buying cards as a whole... but I've cut back a lot these past two years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be interesting to know if anyone out there does collect this guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet there has to be at least one person. You never know though.

      Delete