Monday, September 5, 2022

The “Under-Appreciated” Pile: Scan 5

Today was eventful. My 4 year old rode his bike like a rockstar today, and I made some bison stuffed peppers for dinner. I did not purchase a single card. Instead I decided to clean my office, play with the kids in the basement, and I had 3 orders from eBay to pack up. Before bed my son made a castle with blocks and took his Disney fireworks gun projector to give us a fireworks display on our basement wall. It was fun! 

On to the card portion of the post. Scan 5 is of a fantastic junior hockey player. He even won the Michel Briere Memorial Trophy back in 1997 which is the trophy awarded to the Most Valuable Player in the QMJHL. One night I went down a rabbit hole and searched for junior hockey players that had won trophies during their time in junior hockey. I had a bunch of cards of previous winners, but did not have a card of the guy on this post. So, this was maybe an impulse buy. It’s still a nice card, but it’s not really anything I would need to hold on to. Thankfully I did not pay a lot for this card. Even with this card being numbered to only 10 copies no one is running to their phones or computers to buy cards of this guy. Without further adieu, here it is…Scan 5:

2001/02 Be A Player Daniel Corso Emerald /10

This card should be appreciated by someone else to be honest. Corso is not a guy I collect, and I put this card in a box immediately after this scan was done. I will have a lot of new cards for sale after these 30 days are up I think. If anyone has interest in this card, maybe we could swing a deal? Haha. This card is not appreciated and that sucks.

Verdict: not appreciated 

2 comments:

  1. Bison-stuffed peppers sound interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were pretty good! I didn't add rice to them though. They were basically just a bison meatball in a pepper. My son doesn't like rice in the meatball portion, so I always make them without.

    ReplyDelete