Friday, September 2, 2022

The “Under-Appreciated” Pile: Scan 2

I made it another day of not purchasing a single card. However, a buddy I went to college with and his wife stopped by our house tonight. My wife and I hooked them up with some baby stuff (they’re having a baby in October). He ended up buying me a few hockey packs. I might put them away until the end of the month, but we will see if I end up getting the itch. Anyways, it was good to see him as it has been 20 years! I really miss some of my college buddies. Hopefully he and I can hang again sometime soon.

Well, I will get to what you’re really here for…the scan! The reason this card was in this pile to begin with can totally be blamed on my wife. One Friday we were over at my parents house swimming. We had the whole crew, with my parents, my brother and his family, and our kids. After coming home, getting the laundry going, bathing the kids, and getting them to bed, we were spent! I decided to go take a shower, and my wife said she would put something on TV while she typed up some work notes. When I came back out to the living room after my shower, she was watching My Lottery Dream Home. The host of this show (David) looks exactly like Sam Bradford to me. So, when I actually sat down, I looked for a Sam Bradford card to buy and ended up with this one. At the time the purchase seemed like a good idea, but then I received it in the mail and it sat on my desk for a long time. Hey Bryan, what card is it? Well, it’s this one…

2010 Playoff Absolute Rookie Premier Materials Patch/Ball Auto RC /10 (some damage in the football window)

So, do I appreciate this card? The answer has to be no. Total impulse buy on my part. At the moment it seemed like a good idea, but it would probably be more appreciated by someone else. Therefore, this will go into my sale pile. Sorry Sam Bradford!


2 comments:

  1. That certainly was an odd reason to buy a card. I'd like to be able to say that I could relate, but I can't :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Understandable. Sometimes I cannot shut my mind off. It works a million miles a minute (I was diagnosed with ADHD at 16). I'm definitely weird when it comes to my searches for stuff. I'll give ya that.

    ReplyDelete