Friday, September 23, 2022

The “Under-Appreciated” Pile: Scan 22


Today was a really tough day. My company laid off a bunch of staff that including people I have worked with for over 15 years. It really made my day turn to absolute crap. At 5pm though, the kids put a smile back on my face. After we ate dinner together, we danced to some Koo Koo Kangaroo videos, and then the boys took a dip in the bath. For the 3rd night this week my youngest didn’t want to sleep. Instead of taking him for a drive, we let him figure it out in his crib, and eventually he calmed down and went to bed. Right now, I just sat down for the first time since dinner, and I put on some Ghost Adventures as some background noise.

Ok, scan 22. Well, this card was once previously owned by me. When my wife and I got married, we quickly built a new townhouse. The builder asked us for 10% down so they could get building. They gave us 15 days to do so. So, after we did the math we were $1,200 short. I ended up selling off some of my PC items and raised the money we needed. The card in this scan is one of the cards I let go. Fast forward 9 years later, and I see it hit eBay. It was listed for a 7-day auction, so I just waited until the last few seconds and put a large bid in. I won it for a fraction of that bid and 5 times less than what I sold it for. Pretty awesome win for me. This was one of the cards I did regret selling, so I’m glad to have it back. Here it is, yet another USC quarterback…

2003 SPx Carson Palmer Spectrum Jersey Auto RC /25

Verdict: Very much appreciated and was missed by me. Back to the PC you go!

3 comments:

  1. Everybody else is struggling to find employees, and here your company is laying them off. I don't know what's going on, but this doesn't sound good for the future of this company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the mortgage industry, so it is kinda warranted right now. I have been looking though. Fingers are crossed.

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear about the company lay offs. Hope your friends are able to find new jobs soon.

    ReplyDelete