Tuesday, September 13, 2022

The “Under-Appreciated” Pile: Scan 13


Today, I read my youngest son the book Diggersaurs at least 28 times today. I could probably recite the entire book off by heart now. Today being Tuesday is one of my busiest day of the week. At work, I go over a training doc for my team that I complete every week, then once I clock out at 4:30, I go straight to my parents house to pick up the kids. Of course when I get there the kids are WIRED with too much sugar. They gave the kids ice cream at 2:30…ugh! After rounding them up and getting them into the car, I drive them home while listening to the Trolls Soundtrack. I had a crock pot going, so dinner was ready when we rolled in the door (thankfully). Then I had the kids by myself while my wife worked until 8pm. They both went to bed, I took out the trash, fed the cat and gave her some treats, loaded the dishwasher, cleaned up the kids mess in the living room, and folded some clothes. When I realized I had to blog, I honestly didn’t want to today, but here I am. Tuesday’s and Thursday’s are tough for me some days. If you know any single parents out there, they deserve all the praise in the world. I only do this 2 days a week. I could not imagine doing this every single day. 

Ok guys, the meat and potatoes…the card/scan! This card is something I have wanted for a long time. Have you ever watched a card on eBay for months and even though it’s cheap, you never buy it? I had watched this card for months even with it being on my wantlist, I never pulled the trigger. Finally, one day I was sitting at my desk in my office packing up some cards I sold on eBay and I got an alert that this card was ending in 15 minutes. Well, I decided I just had to have it! I was actually looking for this card and somehow it ended up in this pile. It’s probably because the day it came in was the day my kids came home sick from day care and I went into dad-mode. 

Anyways, this player was phenomenal in college for Texas. He was even a first round draft pick for the San Diego Chargers to be their cornerback of the future. Things really didn’t work out as planned for him, and as a pro had struggled due to pass interference calls and other penalties due to his physical play he was known for in college. Later on in his career he started to get better, and ended his career with 21 interceptions in 12 years. Not stellar, but he did play 12 years in the NFL which is not easy nowadays. It’s possible some of you know who I’m talking about. Here it is, scan 13:

2002 Donruss Rated Rookie Quentin Jammer Season Stat Line Parallel RC /43

Verdict: Appreciated! I love this card! On to the PC it goes!

4 comments:

  1. I remember him a little bit. I always got the impression that he should've been playing a couple of decades earlier, back when guys were allowed to be more physical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're 100% correct. He would have dominated then.

      Delete
  2. Cool card. My buddy was a huge Jammer fan back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! I was too. Your buddy has good taste Fuji!

      Delete