Saturday, September 10, 2022

The “Under- Appreciated” Pile: Scan 10


Today my son had a t-ball game. He did awesome! He refuses to use the tee, but he can hammer a pitch. My dad and I have been pitching to him since he was 3, so he has had a lot of practice. We have been trying to work on his throwing though. Today his throws were much better than last season. He has really improved and I’m proud of him. Before every inning, he insists on getting a refresh on his grape Big League Chew. Proud dad here! Also, I’d like to add that I did not search for new cards or make any new card purchases today. This is probably the longest I have gone without doing so since my 20’s!

Now, we’ll get to the card. I have been a sucker for die-cut cards since the 90’s. When I saw this card on a large sale thread on social media, I decided to purchase it for 50 cents. I do remember when this guy was drafted. He was supposed to be a fantastic offensive lineman, but things didn’t really pan out. If I remember correctly, he had knee issues or something like that. Anyways, the seller of this card never pointed out that the card was serial numbered to 50, so it was a pleasant surprise to see it was kinda rare. The serial number was actually hard to see as it was located on the photo of the player on the back. I don’t really have any plans for this card so it fell into that “rinse, repeat” cycle I talked about in my initial “appreciation” post. I scanned and then put it in a box to be forgotten about.

Here it is…Scan 10:

2013 Panini Prizm Orange Die-Cut Luke Joeckel RC /50

Verdict: Not Appreciated. 

3 comments:

  1. I will never get over how odd it looks to see guys wearing shorts and a helmet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love grape flavored Big League Chew. Tempted to grab a pouch the next time I see some at the store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally should. Although the flavor does only last for a few minutes, but it definitely takes me back!

      Delete