Friday, September 9, 2022

The “Under-Appreciated” File: Scan 9


Wow. 9 days without buying a single card. I flipped through some of my PC today during a break from work. It’s crazy the amount of cards I forgot I had. How often do you guys look through your PC? 

As for my day, well today was pretty brutal at work. My boss was off and I am 2nd in charge, so I put out more fires than I usually do on a daily basis. I was so relieved once the work day was over, and headed out to grab the kiddos from daycare. When I showed up my oldest son was riding a scooter outside on their playground and ran up to the fence yelling, “Daddy! Daddy!” Truly made my day! 

On to the scan.. I was actually wondering where the heck I had put this card. I bought this card along with a Brad Fullmer TTM auto. The Fullmer is where it should be with the rest of my TTM autos, but this one was missing. A seller on eBay had put a bunch of his TTM autos up for auction about a month and a half ago, but they were all ending at like 10:45 PM - 1 AM. Since I have kids and have to wake up extra early to get them ready for their day, I usually go to bed around 10 PM every night. I threw bids up on 6 cards I liked, and went to bed. I only ended up winning 2 of the 6, but the scanned card below was the one I wanted the most, so I was happy. Fullmer was the one I wanted the least, but I think I only paid a buck for it. The player on this card was the first captain in Florida Panthers history! Pretty cool. Here is Scan 9.

1987/88 OPC Brian Skrudland RC TTM Auto

Verdict: Appreciated, now that I found where it was!

4 comments:

  1. Honestly. I don't flip through my collection nearly enough. I'll typically organize my cards and main PC's once or twice a year, but can't remember the last time I spent the day looking through box after box after box of my stuff. I've been focusing the past year or so on incoming cards from fellow bloggers, card show and flea market hauls, and the occasional COMC shipments. Those have been keeping me plenty busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was younger, I used to go through mine once a week. Mostly during Saturday afternoons while watching college football. After I met my wife, it dwindled down.

      Delete
  2. I've spent the last few years reducing my collection. I'm still not where I want to be yet, but it is much more manageable now, and as such it's a lot easier for me to look through things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lately I have been trying to do the same. Keeping only what is worth passing on to my kids. I don't want to leave them with a bunch of draft busts that I collected in the 90's.

      Delete