Thursday, September 8, 2022

The “Under-Appreciated” Pile: Scan 8


This was the longest day of my week. The kids were at home again, so my wife and I juggled kids and work again all day. Then she had clients from 5-8pm straight, so the kids were with just me. Some nights like this are fun, but not today. My youngest son’s left bottom molar is coming in and he’s a joy to be around, let me tell ya. Today I was too busy to purchase any cards at all. To be completely honest, I’m spent today. 

Onward to Scan 8. I remember reading some article on this player probably 19-20 years ago saying how he might be “the next ARod”. Obviously this never happened. I stumbled across this card when I went to my parents place looking for that old Jeffery Leonard glove of my dads from my previous blog post found here. In my childhood bedroom, there was a small box of some packs I had opened, and I just threw the cards in it and forgot about them. This card was the best of the bunch. I grabbed the box and took it home with me. When I got home, I put the card in a sleeve and toploader with the idea of eventually scanning it and listing it for sale. In the back of my mind though, I’m thinking, “Would anyone even want this?” I don’t even want it. I didn’t even want it when I pulled it probably in 2003. Someday you might see this thing pop up on eBay. Until that day, it lives here on this blog of mine. 

Well, here it is…

2002 Bowman Chrome Joel Guzman Gold Refractor RC /50


I surely don’t appreciate this card, but I have hope that someone else will someday. 

3 comments:

  1. Never heard of him. But then again, I've never paid much attention to prospects, so...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knows... maybe Mr. Guzman or Mr. Guzman's mom is trying to collect all of his cards... and this is one of the last ones they need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA...only I can hope so. Hopefully she has $10 paypal :)

      Delete