Wednesday, September 21, 2022

The “Under-Appreciated” Pile: Scan 20



I know, I’m a day behind, and will eventually catch up once I have the time. Tonight, my wife and I took our sons over to the playground across the street. My youngest loves going down the smallest slide, but tonight he turned sideways and bumped his nose. That was the end of our playground excursion. Once they finally went to bed, I had to take out the garbage. I live such an exciting life! 

Scan 20 is of a player who’s college career I followed like a hawk. My friends and I back then were all big USC fans. Anytime they were on, we would get together at my old condo and have some beers and snacks and enjoy ourselves. Sometimes I wish I wouldn’t have taken those days with my buddies for granted. Now, we are all 40 or older with kids or fiancés, and we no longer live near each other at all. After the player on this card was drafted, a bunch of us bought his jersey. I still have mine, I just text my buddy to ask if he still has his, and he does too! Pretty awesome! From what I have heard, this guy on this card now is collecting sports cards! Pretty cool. I wonder if he had this one:

2006 Leaf Limited Phenoms Gold Spotlight Matt Leinart Jersey/Auto RC /10

Verdict: Appreciated! This card was for my PC and I planned to scan before I put it in a box.

2 comments:

  1. Wowza. Can you imagine what that Leinart would have sold for back in the day? I bet it's still a pretty high dollar card with so many USC collectors out there. My uncle and all of his children went there. They'd always talk about that team with all of those NFL stars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, I know! In 2006 I pulled his SPx Spectrum and I almost crapped my pants! That is awesome you have family that are alums!

      Delete