Friday, September 16, 2022

The “Under-Appreciated” Pile: Scan 16


I can’t believe I made it over 2 weeks without buying cards. This is pretty unbelievable. Today we had 2 people out at work so I was busy all day, and had no time to even think or search for any cards. Staying busy definitely helps. Today when my oldest son came home from school he said he had a headache, so we had a chill night with the kids. He ended up going to bed shortly after his little brother, and I had 20 minutes to do some dishes! Now that you had your daily look-in to my life, on to the scan!

This card is a 1992 Topps Gold card that was in a lot I purchased from a guy on social media that I had previously talked about here. Since I have such a love for 1992 Topps Gold cards, I figured I was going to keep this, but after some thought, it is headed to my buddy in Kansas with the Chris Sanders Zenith Rookie Rising card. I feel like he would appreciate the both of these cards more than me. Most of the time when I have a card I think he might like, I will throw them his way. Back to the card, this particular card is of a player I completely forgot about. He was the #1 overall pick in his draft year by the Colts, and due to injuries his career got cut short (6 years, 50 games). When he was drafted I was 10, and I don’t remember that much about him. The most memorable thing in my mind was when I was a teenager, and my friend Doug started a collection of him. From what I can jog up in my memory, he traded a ton of Brett Favre cards to a buddy of mine for this exact card. My memory is foggy, but that does kinda stick in my mind. We were always making wild football card trades back then. I miss those days. Anyway, I really have nothing else to say about this card, so I’ll get to the reveal. Here it is my friends:

1992 Topps Gold Steve Emtman RC

Verdict: Sorta-appreciated by me, but more appreciated by my buddy.

1 comment:

  1. I remember the hype around Emtman. He was the 4th subject to be added to my sports card bust pc.

    ReplyDelete