Thursday, September 15, 2022

The “Under-Appreciated” Pile: Scan 15


I got to start 2 hours late at work today which meant I did not have to rush this morning to pack lunches, and get the kids dressed like I do every morning. We actually woke up at 6:42AM. It felt so good to get some extra sleep for a change. My wife and I planned to go to Target for a few things for an Oktoberfest party we are attending on Saturday after my son’s t-ball game. Should be a fun-packed Saturday. However, I didn’t make it to Target. With us sleeping in, it disrupted our plan, and after taking our time with our tasks this morning and finally getting the kids out the door, my entire 2 hours were burnt up. Tonight, I read a bunch of books to my youngest and gave the kids a bath and they both went to bed no problem. 

In 2013, I read a story that can be found here. I was so saddened and moved by the story that I started a mini-PC of this player. I only had 6 cards as of 3 months ago, so this one made 7. A friend of mine spotted it on Beckett Marketplace a while back and clued me in on it. I ended up grabbing it for $1.50, which I thought was a steal. The last time I saw one for sale on eBay for auction, it ended while my wife and I were at a bonfire, and I totally forgot to check my phone. Anyway, that one on eBay ended for like $6.75 or something like that. Normally, I would give a little info about the player, but for this post, I will just refer you to the story at the beginning of this paragraph. Go and read it, it’s totally worth a read. This guy was on a path to greatness. 

Here is Scan 15:

2001 Bowman Chrome XFractor Brian Cole RC


Verdict: Much Appreciated. Read the article…seriously.

4 comments:

  1. With only 49 cards, and no 1/1's, it would actually be possible for a normal collector to complete his entire run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My week felt crazy busy... but for some reason, I doubt it was anywhere near as busy as yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It probably was as busy as mine. The kids make it seem like it's busier than normal. My oldest son is a "bit much" sometimes

      Delete