Thursday, September 22, 2022

The “Under-Appreciated” Pile: Scan 21


22 days without buying a single card. Wow! Not searching for cards has given me a ton of time to do other things like decorate my office with wall art, hang up my game worn jerseys in the basement, add some shelving on the outside wall of my office, etc. It’s crazy the amount of time I wasted looking for cards. Today I danced with my kids to Danny Go! songs on YouTube and then I gave those boys a bath. Someone purchased us this organic bubble bath stuff and I was forced to use it since we ran out of Mr. Bubble. The bubbles in this organic formula only lasted a minute or two, so Mr. Bubble is back on my shopping list. My youngest was pretty restless tonight, and at around 8ish I put him in the car and drove around a bit. I have a usual path I take and I will put on The Refreshments album “Fizzy Fuzzy Big and Buzzy”. After 4 songs, he is usually out, but tonight we made it all the way to “Banditos”. Also, I drove past our old house twice. Sometimes I do miss living there just due to memories like my son learning to walk and talk. Well, there is your look-in on the life of Bryan.

On to the scan! I meant to scan this thing a long time ago, but the night I planned on doing it, I had 16 eBay orders. It was rather overwhelming that day. The player on this card was the #1 pick in his draft year and is a player I had on my fantasy team this past season. Sadly, I came in 5th place. Can win it every year, am I right? This player is from Switzerland and was the first ever Swiss player chosen first overall at the NHL level. Pretty cool! At the time of the 2017 NHL Draft though, my Brandon Wheat Kings fandom took over, and I boo’ed the Devils pick because they passed on Wheat Kings forward Nolan Patrick. How things have changed! Well, let’s get to it..here is a beauty!

2017/18 UD The Cup Gold Nico Hischier RC /24

Verdict: If this was 2017, I probably wouldn’t appreciate this, but now, definitely appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment